Elliot Health System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Elliot Health System
4:00A - 8:00A
Work Hours: per diem, variable schedule
This position is per diem with our Traveling team which includes a minimum of one day per week (M-F), every other Saturday (5am- 1pm), holiday rotation and on-call rotation.
- POSITION SUMMARY
- The phlebotomist is responsible for the collection, ordering verification, labeling, handling, transportation and documentation of patient specimens in a variety of locations. Ensures that both the patient and the laboratory are provided with all necessary information, and that the patient is comfortable and safe.
- KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accurately identifies patient at time of collection according to policy in all settings and labels all specimens in the presence of the patient.
- Performs routine and advanced venipuncture using standard precautions according to department standards in a variety of locations and on all age groups.
- Performs routine and stat capillary collections in a variety of settings on all age groups.
- Is knowledgeable and can communicate the instructions for both blood and non-blood specimen collection and handling.
- Accurately performs computerized clerical duties, verifying and or placing orders, obtaining work lists, and documentation of all collections.
- Prepares specimens for processing, operates centrifuges, aliquot samples, and completes documentation associated with the tests ordered.
- Facilitates delivery of specimens to the appropriate areas in the laboratory within established time lines keeping all samples in appropriate conditions to ensure quality.
- REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere and independently.
- Ability to initiate actions as needed utilizing good judgment and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and respond appropriately to unexpected situations.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment without compromise of decision making skills or disposition.
- Ability to multitask without compromising accuracy and quality.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service skills both in person and on telephone.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent required. Phlebotomy training course preferred.
- Experience: Previous experience preferred.
- Certification/Licensure: None required.
- OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Other: Valid driver’s license required. Proof of automobile insurance required. Motor vehicle background report will be conducted.