Elliot Health System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN I
at Elliot Health System
Job Reference #: 25130
Full Time, 40 Hours per Week, Days/Evenings/Weekends
- POSITION SUMMARY
- Prepares and distributes medication within Elliot Health System.
- KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Processes and prepares all patient specific medications as per provider order for pharmacist check.
- Distributes prepared medications to health system locations.
- Maintains automated dispensing cabinet medication inventory.
- Triages telephone calls to appropriate pharmacy personnel.
- Performs monthly floor inspections to assigned area locations.
- Triages nursing staff electronic communications to pharmacists.
- Serves as pharmacist operational support during assigned shifts.
- REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Knowledge of current hospital practice standards.
- Knowledge of NH drug laws.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others including nurses, managers, vendors, and other health care industry personnel.
- Education: High school diploma required.
- Experience: One year of previous pharmacy experience preferred.
- Certification/Licensure: NH Board of Pharmacy Registration, Pharmacy Technicians hired after April 2016 must be National and NH Board of Pharmacy Certified.
- OTHER REQUIREMENTS