Elliot Health System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
LICENSED NURSING ASSISTANT
at Elliot Health System
Job Reference #: 25122
Categories: Administrative/Clerical, Healthcare - RNs & Nurse Management, Healthcare - Support Services
Full Time, 32 hours per week, Evenings and Every Other Weekend, 3pm - 11:30pm
- POSITION SUMMARY
- Functions as an integral member of the care delivery team by providing direct and indirect patient care under the direction of a RN and within the scope of practice of a Licensed Nursing Assistant (LNA). Assists patients with activities of daily living, provides for personal care, emotional support and performs more complex clinical skills under the direction of an RN.
- KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Models Elliot Essentials behavior with patients, peers and all other members of the health care team.
- Performs or assists patients in the completion of activities of daily living.
- Utilizes basic knowledge of growth and development to provide age-specific patient care.
- Provides basic support to patients and families in response to identified psychosocial needs and cultural and religious preferences.
- Performs clinical tasks within the scope of LNA practice, in accordance with policies and procedures of the Elliot Health System.
- Reports all observations, symptoms, deviations from normal, and changes in patient’s condition to the Registered Nurse
- Assists others in performing selected patient care activities or tasks as appropriate.
- Documents in selected areas of the medical record, as appropriate, according to policies and procedures and scope of practice
- Follows all infection prevention/universal precautions policies as appropriate.
- Incorporates safety principles, policies and procedures into daily practice.
- Ensures confidentiality of all patient, employee, legal, budget, and company matters. Maintains patient privacy and dignity.
- Performs designated direct and indirect patient care, clerical and environmental duties as assigned or directed.
- REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Demonstrate and apply effective communication skills: verbal, written, visual and listening.
- Demonstrate ability to work with others
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrate ability to work as a team member
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of growth and development and awareness of age-appropriate care
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience: None required.
- Certification/Licensure: Current Nursing Assistant License in the State of New Hampshire required. BLS authorization preferred or obtained within 90 days of date of hire.
- OTHER REQUIREMENTS