Elliot Health System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
LICENSED NURSING ASSISTANT
at Elliot Health System
Job Reference #: 25094
Categories: Administrative/Clerical, Healthcare - RNs & Nurse Management, Healthcare - Support Services
- POSITION SUMMARY: 40 hours in Hospice, Monday to Friday, ocassional weekends.
- Performs delegated nursing, homemaking and other delegated duties for patient/clients of all ages and families in their home or other designated facility. May perform PT/INR checks in the home as ordered by the Physician and reports results according to policy.
- KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reports and documents patient/client’s needs and responses to the appropriate Case Manager and/or Clinical Manager.
- Reports patient/client’s change in condition or situations immediately.
- Adheres to patient/client Home Health Aide care plan as set up the primary nurse/therapist while maintaining a healthy, safe environment.
- Demonstrates competency in carrying out patient care/treatments.
- Reinforces the teaching of the primary nurse/therapist by reviewing personal care techniques with caregivers and patients.
- Integrates problem solving methodology and quality improvement in approaching problem areas related to patient care and organizational processes.
- Completes documentation in clinical records, time sheets and quality control logs.
- Attends a minimum of 12 hours of in-services per year.
- Adheres to VNA safety, organizational and ethical standards.
- Adheres to VNA policies, protocols and procedures, including infection control standards.
- Ensures confidentiality of employee, legal, client/patient, budget and all company matters.
- Provides care while promoting client/patient dignity and provides a calm, supportive and therapeutic environment for client/patients and their families.
- Acts as a resource to others (students, peers, and other departments) in provision of client/patient care.
- Functions effectively as a member of a team.
- Demonstrates commitment to customer service.
- Positively reflects the agency within VNA, the organization and the community.
- REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Ability to record messages and keep simple records.
- Ability to plan and perform diversified duties requiring an extensive knowledge of a particular field, and the use of a wide range of procedures.
- Demonstrates particular knowledge about a specific subject(s) or patient/client population for which he/she is a caregiver.
- Ability to perform job alone following standard practices and any of many procedures.
- Receives training and guidelines from supervisor on non-routine duties and determines action to be taken in handling all but unusual cases
- Ability to transport self to and from off-site locations.
- Ability to demonstrate courtesy, compassion and respect in relating to patient/clients, families, visitors, physicians, and coworkers.
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish a cooperative, collaborative working environment.
- Ability to facilitate communication between and among others.
- Ability to accept constructive feedback and initiate appropriate actions to correct situations.
- Willingness to identify and take action toward meeting own learning needs.
- Ability to maintain good communications; ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with employees, physicians, patient/clients, families, and the public.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and respond appropriately to unexpected situations.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience: Six (6) months to one (1) year of experience in a related field desired.
- Certification/Licensure: Current Nursing Assistant License in the State of New Hampshire requied.
- OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Other: Driver's License required to travel throughout New Hampshire to provide home health care service and other job-related activities.Must maintain automobile insurance coverage at established EHS minimum at all times of employment.