Elliot Health System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HOME CARE IV NURSE
at Elliot Health System
Job Reference #: 24978
Work Hours: 40 hours
- POSITION SUMMARY: 40 hours in Homecare, position eligible for new Loan Forgiveness program for BSN candidates! 12:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. and rotating weekends.
- Delivers care to patients and families with needs ranging from basic to complex utilizing the nursing process. Creates a therapeutic and caring environment for patient and families. Practices in a manner consistent with the Elliot Hospital Interprofessional Practice model; the ANA’s Social Policy Statement, Scope and Standards of Practice, and the Nursing Code of Ethics; and relevant specialty standards of practice.
- KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Innovation & Inspiration
- Embraces and promotes change to support optimal patient outcomes and an effective professional practice environment.
- Collaboration & Continuity in Caring
- Involves patient/family in goal setting and planning, and communicates that plan of care to patient and family for input; and to colleagues to ensure seamless care across shifts and settings.
- Demonstrates accountability for continued professional growth and development.
- Demonstrates accountability for own role in smooth operations of unit.
- Demonstrates the ability to recognize and manage rapidly changing situations.
- Respect & Role Modeling
- Utilizes current evidence and relevant national/specialty standards to guide practice and/or performance and identifies areas for improvement.
- Demonstrates competent clinical practice utilizing clinical decision making and critical thinking skills.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Bachelors of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Licensure: New Hampshire Registered Nurse or Compact State Registered Nurse License.
- Technical Certification: Ability to obtain BLS qualification during orientation period and maintain during employment.
- Professional Certification: Nurses are expected to pursue professional certification upon eligibility or within three years of entering the specialty practice.
- Software/ Hardware: Ability to advance basic computer skills as the health system adds new systems or performs upgrades to existing systems.
- OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Other: Valid Driver's License required to travel throughout southern New Hampshire to provide home health care service and other job-related activities. Proof of auto mobile insurance required. Motor vehicle background report will be conducted.