Elbit Systems of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Staff Systems Engineer
at Elbit Systems of America
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Business Unit
- SECURITY CLEARANCE
A world leader in the design and manufacture of avionics flight instruments, technologically sophisticated defense systems and diagnostic medical instrumentation, Elbit Systems of America combines the close-knit teamwork and high visibility of a small company with the stability and resources only a large company can provide.
ESA is a prime contractor supplier of state-of-the-art Electro-Optical systems for man-portable, airborne, and vehicle-mounted applications. We are seeking an experienced Staff Systems Engineer who will support the development of advanced targeting and vision systems for Ground Combat Vehicles for the US DoD. Our Systems Engineering Team performs system concept definition, system requirements development and analysis, new technology assessments, systems architecture trades, and evaluation of alternative technical solutions. This individual will help architect, design, and integrate novel and innovative technology solutions for some of the world’s most challenging military applications.
Responsibilities include concept development, system trade-off analysis, requirements definition, architecture design, and evaluation of system performance for sensor and fire control systems for land-based armored vehicles. Analytical skills should be complimented by a demonstrated ability to plan and lead system engineering activities. The individual must be able to utilize and maintain existing analytical models, develop new models, design tests, and validate performance simulations. The position will interface with internal and external project teams, company personnel and the customer community.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent scientific discipline and at least 10 yrs of applicable progressively complex systems engineering experience including hardware/software integration of complex systems.
Qualified individuals should be knowledgeable and have experience in these areas:
- Requirements Development and Analysis
- Systems Architecture Trades
- Experience with IR imaging sensors and night vision technologies
- Experience with large-scale combat vehicle development and the DoD acquisition process
- Direct experience with the development, design, or manufacture of EO/IR systems
- Experience with Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) Tools
- Familiarity with electro-optical system performance tools such as NVTherm/NV-IPM.
- Knowledge of DOORS requirements management tool.
- Outstanding communication and writing skills are required to convey technical ideas to both the customer community and to company personnel.
- Must be willing to travel (up to 10%) domestically and internationally as required.
- Proof of US citizenship required for security clearance with US government and US Military Prime customers. Existing Secret clearance is a plus.
- Business Relationships:
- Works closely with the business unit program manager and the project engineering manager (PEM).
- Guides other functional resources on technical directions and program tasks.
- Frequent customer interactions