Elbit Systems of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Systems Engineer- Targeting and Visioning Systems
at Elbit Systems of America
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Business Unit
- SECURITY CLEARANCE
Elbit Systems of America is a leading provider of high performance products, system solutions, and support services focusing on the defense, homeland security, commercial aviation, and medical instrumentation markets. With facilities throughout the United States, Elbit Systems of America is dedicated to supporting those who contribute daily to the safety and security of the United States. Elbit Systems of America, LLC is wholly owned by Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESLT and TASE: ESLT), a global high technology company engaged in a wide range of programs for innovative defense and commercial applications. For additional information, visit: www.elbitsystems-us.com or follow us on Twitter.
ESA - Kollsman is a prime contractor supplier of state of the art Electro-Optical systems for man-portable, airborne, and vehicle mounted applications.
We are seeking an experienced systems engineer who will provide individual technical contribution and systems engineering leadership in the development of advanced systems for the US DoD, including providing system concept definition, system requirements development and analysis, new technology assessments, evaluation of alternative technical solutions, and system integration and test. The individual will also support engineering project teams in the preparation of engineering inputs, cost estimates and schedules for proposals.
Responsibilities include concept development, system trade-off analysis, requirements definition and flow down, system integration and test, and evaluation of system performance at both the component and system level. Analytical skills should be complimented by a demonstrated ability to plan and lead system engineering activities. The individual must be able to utilize and maintain existing analytical models, develop new models, design tests, and validate performance simulations. The position will interface with internal and external project teams, company personnel and the customer community.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent scientific discipline and at least 8 yrs of applicable progressively complex systems engineering experience, including hardware/software integration of complex systems.
Qualified individuals should be knowledgeable and have experience in these areas:
- Development of Concept(s) of Operation
- Requirements Development and Management using DOORS
- Conceptualization and analysis of complex systems architecture design.
- System/Subsystem Integration/Test Planning and Execution
- Qualification Testing (MIL-STD 810/461)
- Direct experience with the development, design, or manufacture of EO/IR systems
- Experience with Laser-based Systems for military applications.
- Transitioning systems from product development to production
- Understanding of standard analytical tools e.g. Matlab, MathCAD
- Experience with Model-Based Systems Engineering tools
- Outstanding communication and writing skills are required to convey technical ideas to both the customer community and to company personnel.
* Must be willing to travel (up to 10%) domestically and internationally as required.
* Proof of US citizenship required for security clearance with US government and US Military Prime customers. Existing Secret clearance is a plus.
ELBIT SYSTEMS OF AMERICA IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER