Elbit Systems of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Methods Specialist II
at Elbit Systems of America
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Business Unit
- SECURITY CLEARANCE
Elbit Systems of America is a leading provider of high performance products, system solutions, and support services focusing on the defense, homeland security, commercial aviation, and medical instrumentation markets. With facilities throughout the United States, Elbit Systems of America is dedicated to supporting those who contribute daily to the safety and security of the United States. Elbit Systems of America, LLC is wholly owned by Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESLT and TASE: ESLT), a global high technology company engaged in a wide range of programs for innovative defense and commercial applications. For additional information, visit: www.elbitsystems-us.com or follow us on Twitter.
Under the direction of or after observing the processes used by an engineer, team leader or assembler, create Work Instructions to efficiently and accurately build various electro-mechanical assemblies. Interpret Engineering verbal direction and prototype build into electronic Work Instruction using the latest tools available.
- Review and create parts list as necessary and ensure Bill of Material accuracy.
- Support Manufacturing programs as assigned on method changes due to ECO activity; ensure timely cut-in and reporting.
- Under the direction of a Manufacturing Engineer, Quality Mission Operations Engineer or Team Leader, document ECOs and/or DCOs as needed to accurately reflect subassembly building and Bill of Material.
- Strong communication skills. Ability to create Work Instructions that are thorough and concise. Itemizes steps to be followed in the manufacturing process and develops visual aids for each assembly operation to enable production operator to build assemblies without the use of engineering drawings.
- Working knowledge of a graphics editing program such as Paint Shop Pro to improve and manipulate digital photographs.
- Working knowledge of Lotus Notes, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Maintain effective liaison with Team Leader and assembly team, coordinating resolution of production problems and improving methods.
- May determine and identify the need for certain simple tools and fixtures for assembly.
- Creates simple, effective Work Instructions to enable ease of use and improve efficiency. Observes the operations being followed by production operators and initiates necessary changes to improve operation effectiveness and efficiency.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
An Associate's degree in a technical field and 1-3 years’ related experience in developing efficient and economical manufacturing processes to build electro-mechanical equipment.